Invisalign treatment available at our office by our Invisalign Certified Orthodontist. For more information on Invisalign visit www.invisalign.in
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a specialised branch of dentistry concerned with growth of the face, development of the dentition, and prevention and correction of occlusal anomalies.
Who needs Orthodontic treatment?
A child or adult with the following irregularities can benefit from orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite or malocclusion
- Missing or extra teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- An overbite
- An underbite
- A crossbite
- Rotated teeth
- Malaligned or incorrect jaw position
- Spaces in between the teeth
At What age can one start orthodontic screening and treatment?
- Early childhood i.e. by the age of 7: Sufficient permanent teeth would have erupted, helping to identify potential problems in the position of the teeth and or jaws. Do not wait for all permanent teeth to erupt as the earlier your child is seen the more ideal the treatment outcome would be.
- Adolescent and teenage years: All the permanent teeth would have erupted by age 14 except for the wisdom teeth. Treatment compliance is greater at this age.
- Adulthood: Adult orthodontics is a widely accepted and popular treatment modality for malocclusion.
How much time does orthodontic treatment take?
Treatment time can vary from case to case and an estimate of the same would be given to you at the time of consultation.
What you should be aware of after the treatment:
After completion of the fixed phase of your treatment, you will be provided removable or fixed retainers. These will help retain your teeth in their new position and hence must be worn as instructed by the orthodontist. Please note that your treatment is incomplete without the proper usage of this appliance.
Do contact us for the following services :