Biomimetic Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that treats teeth that are structurally compromised due to them being broken, cracked or decayed. Traditionally these teeth would have been treated with a Root canal treatment and a crown. However with newer conservative techniques such as “Immediate Dentin Sealing” and “Biobase” formation in which the exposed dentin is sealed from further onslaught of bacteria, the underlying tooth structure is protected in a very conservative manner. Further, in this technique the tooth is cut less and therefore saved from a root canal treatment which if done invariably dries out the tooth making it prone to catastrophic fractures.
Advantages of Biomimetic Dentistry?
- Minimally invasive, Conserve tooth structure
- Avoid root canal treatment
- Maintain health and longevity of tooth
- This type of dentistry is performed using magnification under a
- dental operating microscope